Check-in: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM. If arriving outside of check-in times, please call to make arrangements.
Check-out: 11:00 AM.
Making a reservation at a bed and breakfast is not the same as making a hotel reservation. Due to our small size, cancellations affect us significantly. A last minute cancellation gives us little chance of re-booking a room. Please understand that, for this reason, we uphold a strict cancellation policy:
- Guests are responsible for payment of all nights reserved regardless of their actual arrival or departure date.
- No-shows are responsible for full payment of their entire reservation.
- Should you cancel 10 days or more prior to arrival, your deposit will be refunded, less a $30/room/night Administration/Re-booking fee.
- Cancellations (including changes) made 9 days or less prior to your scheduled arrival forfeit the 50% deposit and if the room is unable to be re-booked, the full reservation value will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of making the reservation. Any and all rescheduled reservations will require the full financial payment by the Guest, and the deposit is non-transferrable to another stay. There are no exceptions to this policy including sickness, family emergencies, or weather related issues.
- For rooms booked for weddings/events, if you cancel 90 days or more prior to arrival, your full deposit will be refunded. If you cancel between 89-60 days prior to arrival, half of your deposit will be refunded. If you cancel any closer to your arrival, your deposit will not be refunded at all.
The Colonel Williams Inn is privately owned and operated. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. We will not be responsible for guest accidents or injury, or for the loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
Any damages, stolen items, or broken items occurring during the stay will be the full financial responsibility of the guest, including anyone traveling with the guest. Any special clean-up resulting in damages caused by the guests will be charged to the credit card. Charges may need to be applied after guest departure as deemed necessary by the Owner/Innkeeper. Towel replacement cost is $25, book replacement is at retail price (plus shipping, if necessary).
Please report all spills and/or damages to the Innkeeper promptly.
The Colonel Williams Inn is licensed by the state of VT to sell beer, wines, and spirits. Any alcohol not purchased from the inn must be consumed in the guests’ rooms.
SMOKING, VAPING, AND CANDLE BURNING
Due to the historic nature of our building, and for the safety and comfort of all of our guests, we do not allow smoking, fireworks or incense/candle burning in any of our guest rooms or on any of the grounds of the Colonel Williams (except the designated smoking area). Guests smoking in the house or on the grounds will be charged a minimum $250 fee and up, to return any room to a non-smoking status.
GUESTS, CHILDREN, AND PETS
- We cater to the comfort, privacy and security of our registered guests. Guest visitors are only permitted on the property with prior innkeeper approval. If you would like to have any non-registered guests join you for breakfast there is an additional charge of $10 per person, and advance notice to the innkeeper is required.
- Children are allowed, but we request that they stay relatively quiet and not run around inside out of consideration for our other guests.
- Pets are allowed in specific rooms for an additional $25 cleaning fee. We do not have any bans on breeds, but they must be friendly as the inn is home to three dogs already. Aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
Other frequently asked questions (and their answers) can be found here.